Kodiak Mountain Stone produces and distributes quality manufactured stone veneers throughout Western Canada and United States. We also distribute natural stone, brick, stucco, and related accessories throughout Western Canada. We are based in Cardston, Alberta with manufacturing facilities in Springville, Utah and stores in Calgary and Lethbridge, Alberta.
Kodiak Mountain Stone Utah Sales Rep
Kodiak Mountain Stone is a leading distributor of manufactured stone, natural stone, brick, stucco, and related accessories in Western Canada. We produce quality manufactured stone veneers and other accessories in our Springville, Utah plant and distribute all products from stores in Calgary and Lethbridge, Alberta.
We have focused on the Canadian market since the economic downturn. With the strengthening US construction industry, now the time is right to quickly rebuild our US manufactured stone sales. We plan to start growing sales around our Utah plant and then expand from there.
We are looking for a rock star sales manager to take the lead in quickly rebuilding our Utah market share.
Kodiak is associated with a family of entrepreneurial companies. Wide-ranging industries include venture capital, clean energy, advanced materials, LED lighting, and other building materials. Those who deliver outstanding results are able to associate with these other companies and develop future career opportunities. We are looking for someone we would love to work with for a long time.
Job Description Summary
As a sales manager you have the daunting challenge of taking our Utah manufactured stone sales from almost nothing to a substantial market share. You will see the satisfaction of building something from scratch (and being financially rewarded for results doesn’t hurt either). You do not need construction industry experience. You only need to have relentless hustle and the ability to build lasting relationships.
We will give you a lot of freedom to figure out how to meet this challenge, but we will also give you plenty of training and support. In fact, we are all about education and personal development. You will be expected to spend time on required books, articles, and videos. You will have the opportunity to share what you learn with the rest of the team. This isn’t just a job. It’s an opportunity to build yourself and your career while building a company.
Building sales includes the following activities:
- Research the industry and identify key decision-makers to build relationships with
- Expand existing sales to current loyal customers
- Sell directly to homeowners
- Build relationships with repeat buyers, such as masons and homebuilders
- Get in front of architects who can spec our stone on commercial projects
- Establish a dealer network of existing building product distributors
- Quote projects, enter sales, and assist with collecting receivables
- Maintain the CRM system
- Attend home shows
- Show us that you’re able to work relentlessly toward your goals by removing obstacles and never giving up
- Have the ability to build lasting relationships
- Be computer literate (especially ability to learn and use CRM and accounting software)
What you’ll get in return
- Satisfaction of building something amazing from almost scratch
- Opportunities to develop yourself personally
- Join a culture that values working hard, working smart, and having fun
- Competitive base pay plus commission
- Relationships with a great team and network of awesome people from associated companies
To apply, send firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a letter explaining why you are a sales rock star. Tell us about amazing things you’ve built and/or difficult obstacles you’ve overcome.