It’s that time of year again. The time when everyone makes promises to themselves, but will their resolutions keep for the entire year? USA.gov lists some of the more popular resolutions from throughout the years.
1. Lose Weight: The holidays is a time for not only family, but to take advantage of all the sweets on the dessert table. Lose the weight and guilt by mapping out a specific exercise and eating plan.
2. Recycle more: Keep the Earth green by managing your carbon footprint and thinking twice when tossing your plastic water bottle in the trash rather than the recycling bin.
3. Quit Smoking: It’s costly and to some, unattractive. Lose the habit and become healthier.
4. Save Money: Don’t overspend on material things. Have something to show for your purchases because it will all pay off in the end.
5. Get a better job: Having a job you love means enjoying waking up every morning. If a change is what you need, do it!
6. Manage Stress: Stressed out? Take a walk or find something that helps you handle that overwhelmed feeling.
7. Take a trip: Go somewhere you’ve never been or never thought you would end up. Pack a light bag and GO.
8. Eliminate Debt: Pay off all your outstanding bills for a debt free beginning, a clean slate.
9. Go back to school: Stop the procrastination, get the degree you always wanted. If needed, save your money and make it happen!
10. Volunteer more: Give back to your community. It will brighten someone else’s day by helping the well-being of those less fortunate.